- Change strategies must be implemented in such a way that the change is sustained for the long term. This requires changes in culture and systems.
- Strong, effective leadership in the form of collaboration is necessary for sustaining change.
- Change is most effective when individuals and/or organizations establish and work toward the achievement of solid, attainable goals.
- All outcomes must be accurately articulated and guided by a philosophy that begins with the end in mind.
- Planned opportunities for follow-up and coaching are critical
"If you want to find God, look for humility, look for it in poverty, look for where He is hidden: in the needy, the sick, the hungry, the imprisoned. He who does charity is the one who lets himself be embraced by the Lord's mercy." - Pope Francis
"...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." - Romans 5:3-5